Does anyone remember his authoritarian approach to “serving” as Chairman of the Commission? It’s time for Kenneth Melton to go.
4 Term Incumbent County Commissioner Kenneth Melton voted to:
- Triple his pay from $300 to $900 a month 6/19/03
- Raise your property tax rate multiple times 6/24/04, 6/29/06, 6/21/07, 6/16/11
- Ban applause at public County Commission meetings 7/12/11
- Disband the County Ethics Committee 6/18/09
- Pay double the appraised value for the Smoky Mountain Race Track 1/18/07
- Give employees FREE health care 6/16/11
- Appoint people to Committees without any information about their qualifications (multiple dates)
- Give employees a $1,000 bonus in an election year 2/20/14
- Leave you with $1,700 debt per capita, excluding interest (2013 CAFR)
- Buy new bleachers instead of textbooks that our kids need 12/19/13
- Take $5 million from the rainy day fund instead of balancing the budget 6/21/12
He voted against the Senior Property Tax Freeze in December 2007.
Isn’t 16 years of this tax and spend career politician enough?
You deserve better government!